1. All Froot Loops taste the same, no matter what color they are.
2. This is what’s really going on inside a Cup O’ Noodles:
3. Twinkies definitely don’t last forever.
5. Cap’n Crunch is not, in fact, a captain.
The three stripes on his uniform clearly reveal him to be a Navy commander, not a captain.
6. For years, Subway’s “footlong” subs were a big, 11-inch LIE.
7. Douple-dipping doesn’t spread any more germs than single-dipping.
8. Grape-Nuts don’t involve anything related to grapes OR nuts.
9. Supposedly discontinued Oreo O’s DO still exist — but only in South Korea.
10. Peanuts are actually legumes, not nuts.
11. German chocolate cake doesn’t have anything to do with Germany.
It’s just called that because of some dude named Sam German, who invented baking chocolate.
12. The serving size for Nacho Cheese Doritos is just 11 chips. ELEVEN.
Basically all serving sizes are wrong and stupid.
13. Carrots don’t actually make your eyesight better.
14. Girl Scout cookies are actually made by two different bakeries.
15. Oranges aren’t necessarily orange.
Oranges in warmer tropical climates never get cold enough to break down the chlorophyll in the fruit’s skin, which means they’ll be yellow or green when they’re ripe. Americans can’t deal with this, so imported oranges get treated with ripening ethylene gas to turn them orange.
16. The five-second rule is, tragically, baloney.
Five seconds is plenty of time for those germies to get all up in there.