1. Above everything they do, the best is that dogs understand you. They empathize with human pain.
A study carried out at Goldsmiths college reveals that a dog is more likely to approach someone in distress than someone who is not.
2. However unhygienic you think this may be, babies that grow up with dogs are actually healthier, a recent study has shown.
This faithful animal absorbes all the dirt and other germ-infested bits in the air, thereby improving the baby’s immunity system.
3. Dogs can be taught just about anything. But what’s fascinating is that they can be trained to detect allergies.
So…next time you think of playing it cool and avoiding your health, your pet will be right by your side to warn you.
4. They reduce work stress. I couldn’t have agreed more. But it’s not just me.
The International Journal of Workplace Health Management has found out that workers who bring their dogs to their workplaces are less stressed.
5. These adorable gifts of God can detect cancer…
…and they are around to tell their owners that.
6. Even if your baby is allergic to dogs, it’s better you get one for your child.
A child under the age of one who grows up with a dog is much less likely to have a chronic, and annoying, skin condition called eczema, studies have shown.
7. Dogs help you stay in shape, you obviously exercise more than usual.
After all, it’s so much fun having some company while running or jogging!
8. Being them, they help veterans to come out of Post-traumatic stress disorder.
They have proved to be great companions to veterans along with helping them come out of the trauma soon after a war and improving their social life.
9. Dogs can simply lick your wounds away.
Studies have shown that both dog and human saliva are good for healing wounds. Their saliva gets the oxygen moving normally again when you get hurt.
10. Apparently, they improve your social life too.
The British Medical Journal has termed them as “social catalysts.” It just became easier to approach your crush or make friends. What more can I say?
11. Aged dog owners don’t have to go see a doctor time and again.
With these cute beings running around the house, the aged people have positive vibes around, always. Studies show that older dog owners have at least one less appointment with a doctor every year.
12. And they reduce heart problems too.
Preliminary studies by the American Heart Association are revealing that dog owners have less heart problems after all the exercise.
13. A Dog’s love is enough to relieve you of all your depression.
These problems are easier to handle with your favorite pet around, studies show.
14. They can detect seizure before it even happens, recent research reveals.
15. And they detect low blood sugar before you have an attack.
16. These wonder animals comfort children with autism.
They make life easier for the autistic kids.
17. They also help people suffering from dementia lead a better life.
18. They help prevent bullying in school and other institutions.
This is why you absolutely need them everywhere you go.
Isn’t this reason enough to rush and adopt one of these cuties?