As of 2014, the life expectancy in America is 78.6 years. Divide that up, and this is how the average person spends their lifetime.
1. You spend 25 years sleeping.
2. You work for 10.3 years.
The average American works 40 hours a week from ages 20-65.
3. You spend 48 days having sex.
A recent survey found that during the average sex session, foreplay lasts 7 minutes and intercourse 12 minutes.
4. Women spend 17 years of their lives trying to lose weight.
This means being on one form of diet or another.
5. You watch TV for 9.1 years.
Watching TV accounts for half of all leisure time, about 2.8 hours per day.
6. You spend 2 years watching commercials.
A 3-hour NFL broadcast only has 11 minutes of actual gameplay.
7. You spend 1.1 years cleaning.
Women have historically spent twice as much time as men, though the statistic is shifting.
8. You spend 2.5 years cooking.
9. You spend 3.66 years eating, about 67 minutes a day.
The total amount of food you consume in a lifetime is close to 35 tons.
10. You drive a car for 4.3 years.
In that time, you’ll cover enough distance to go to the moon and back 3 times.
11. You spend 3 months of your life in traffic, about 38 hours a year.
12. You spend 1.5 years in the bathroom.
The average person goes 6 times a day.
13. You spend a total of 92 days on the toilet.
Men spend 4 more minutes on the toilet than women daily.
14. You spend 70% of our waking life in front of digital media.
15. You laugh out loud 290,000 times in your life.
About 10 times per day.
16. You walk a total of 110,000 miles.
That’s equivalent to 4 times around the world.
17. You spend 90% of your time indoors.
That’s 71 of your 78.6 years.
18. You consume .1 teaspoons of alcohol per day.
That’s 1,442 gallons in a lifetime.
19. You have between 4 and 6 dreams a night for a total of 2,000 a year.
We forget 80% of them.
20. You fart 402,000 times in your lifetime.
That’s about 14 times per day.
21. You spend 14 days of your life kissing.
Most people wish it were more.
22. You drink 12,000 cups of coffee.
That’s about 1.6 cups per day.
23. If you’re more into tea, you drink 48 pounds in your lifetime.
That’s .75 pounds a year.
24. Women spend nearly 1 year deciding what to wear.
25. The average man will spend 1 year staring at women.
26. Women spend 8 years of their life shopping.
That’s over 1 hour every single day.
27. Women spend 1.5 years doing their hair.
That’s 14,000 hours brushing, washing, blow-drying, straightening, curling and cutting.
28. An office worker spends 5 years sitting at a desk.
29. The average employee spends 2 years sitting in work meetings.
30. The average person swears 2,000,000 times.
That’s 80-90 times a day.