1. With a dog.
Just make sure the dog doesn’t eat the ring or you’ll have a poop-laden proposal.
2. Or a kitten.
3. In a photobooth.
4. Carved in a tree.
5. On Christmas day.
6. Hidden inside the Snitch.
7. In your morning coffee.
To ensure that you’re an alert, sentient human being before giving a definitive answer.
Yep, that’s a cake.
9. Hidden inside of a valentine.
12. With a hidden photographer.
13. Level up bonus: keeping it a secret and surprising you with a framed photo of the moment on your wedding day.
14. With a book.
As long as you don’t think anyone willing to perform open heart surgery on a book is an absolute monster.
15. Or a trail of books.
16. In a Cracker Jack box at the big game.
17. Just like Mario would propose to Peach.
18. At Disneyland.
The perfect beginning for “happily ever after.”
Bonus: you get to wear these for the rest of the trip.
19. With a fakeout.
Hopefully you don’t mind being proposed to on your birthday.
20. Spelled out with every ticket stub of every movie you went to together.
21. With a s’more.
A proposal which will hopefully be consummated in a camping-themed wedding.
22. With a love letter (and the option to pick out your own ring!)
23. With a scavenger hunt.
Make ‘em work for it.
24. With a hand-picked array of rings.
And the option to “pick one.”
25. With a super simple and sweet message.
You can either go the straightforward or the totally geeky route.
26. With an initial necklace, only the last name isn’t yours….
27. With a real life Monopoly game.
28. The marriage proposal version of this refrigerator.
29. While running a mundane errand.
30. At the finish line.
32. With a pebble and some waddling, like penguin love.
As long as the pebble is followed up by a ring.
33. With a very, very enthusiastic reaction after you say yes.
Let us not forget what happens after the actual proposal.