33 Genius Three-Ingredient Recipes. Because Who Wants To Spend More Time Preparing Food Than Eating It?!
1. eggs + flour + Nutella = easy brownies
With a hint of hazelnut. Get the recipe.
2. milk + pasta shells + cheddar = creamy mac and cheese
You slowly cook the pasta right IN the milk, so it gets super creamy. Then just stir in cheese and the sauce makes itself. Such a “why didn’t I think of that?” Get the recipe.
3. peanut butter + sugar + eggs = peanut butter cookies
Bonus: They’re (accidentally) gluten-free. Get the recipe.
4. bananas + eggs + coconut flour = paleo pancakes
Also gluten-free, but delicious for everyone. Get the recipe.
5. fennel + red onion + orange = self-dressing winter salad
This recipe from Molly Stevens’ roasting cookbook is brilliant because you just squeeze the juice from a caramelized, roasty orange over everything to dress it. Get the recipe.
6. nuts + dates + dried fruit = energy bars
Don’t mess with the dates (they keep everything cohesive and sweet) but use whatever kind of combos you like for the fruit and nuts: Try cherry-almond, apricot-almond, cranberry-pecan, or apple-cinnamon-walnut. Get the recipe.
7. tomatoes + onion + butter = perfect tomato sauce
It’s fair to call this sauce from Italian cooking queen Marcella Hazan (RIP!) one of theclassic recipes of the century; you get something amazingly rich and delicious from just three ingredients and practically zero work. Canned or fresh tomatoes both work, so you can make it year-round. Get the recipe.
8. puff pastry + chocolate chips + egg = chocolate croissants
Is this kind of cheating? Yes. Is that wrong? NO. Get the recipe.
9. sugar + orange juice + salt = orange sorbet
Even OJ gets bored of breakfast sometimes. Get the recipe.
10. chocolate chips + peanut butter + sea salt = peanut butter cups
PB&C: a love story for all time. Get the recipe.
11. hazelnuts + sugar + egg whites = hazelnut cookies
These classic Italian cookies are called brutti ma buoni: ugly but good! Get the recipe.
12. coconut cream + peanut butter + maple syrup = peanut butter mousse
A dead-simple dessert that vegans (and everyone else) can enjoy. Get the recipe.
13. basil + olive oil + salt = pesto
Classic pesto usually has cheese, garlic, and nuts, but this super-streamlined version proves that they’re not mandatory to make a delicious sauce. Get the recipe.
14. cake mix + orange juice + Greek yogurt = creamsicle cake
This cake is low-fat but still super moist. Get the recipe.
15. jalapeños + scallion cream cheese + bacon = jalapeño poppers
This recipe calls for chives/scallions and cream cheese as separate ingredients, but you’re too clever for that. Get the recipe.
16. cooked fruit + sugar + whipped cream = fruit fool
This traditional British dessert works with almost any fruit. Try rhubarb and strawberries in the spring, or stone fruit in the summer. Here’s how to make it.
17. chicken + cola + soy sauce = glazed coca-cola chicken
Sweet, sticky, and totally addictive. Get the recipe.
18. chocolate wafers + cream + sugar = icebox cake
If you’ve never experience cookies and cream melded into one magical substance, you’re in for a great surprise. Nabsico “Famous” chocolate wafers are the classic, but you can try it with any kind of thin cookie. Here’s how to make it.
19. pork shoulder + root beer + BBQ sauce = easy pulled pork
What your slow cooker was born to make. Get the recipe.
20. frozen bananas + peanut butter + toppings = vegan soft-serve sundae
If you don’t know that blending frozen bananas = amazing, instant vegan ice cream by now, I don’t even know what to tell you. Get the recipe.
21. egg roll wrappers + string cheese + egg = mozzarella sticks
East meets West meets stomach. Get the recipe.
22. tomatoes + scallions + olive oil = summer pasta sauce
Veggies do double duty: Blend some of the fresh tomatoes and scallions into a purée to use as a sauce for the hot pasta, then chop up the rest and toss ‘em in. Get the recipe.
23. lemons + cream + sugar = lemon pudding
This is genius because the acid in the lemon juice sets the pudding all by itself — no gelatin necessary. Get the recipe.
24. chicken + honey mustard dressing + pretzels = honey mustard chicken tenders
The kind of dinner so easy you don’t really have to think about it. Get the recipe.
25. shredded coconut + condensed milk + vanilla = coconut macaroons
Not just for Passover! You can amp these up by dipping them in chocolate if you feel so inclined. Get the recipe.
26. shredded potatoes + parmesan + scallions = individual hash brown cups
Cooking the potatoes in a muffin tin is a cute, easy way to serve them for a large group. Get the recipe.
27. coconut milk + sugar + flavoring = vegan ice cream
You’ll need an ice cream maker if you want it to be really creamy and fluffy, but it’s worth it. Try using anything you like to flavor the ice cream — the coconut base is quiet enough to work with vanilla, chocolate, coffee, fruit, you name it. Get the recipe.
28. sweet potato + white beans + tahini = veggie burgers
OK, this is sort of cheating on the number of ingredients since you might need to throw a handful of flour or breadcrumbs in there too, depending on how squishy the mix is. But they’re still dead simple. Get the recipe.
29. self-rising flour + shortening + buttermilk = biscuits
Use White Lily self-rising flour, if you can find it, to get fine-textured and super-fluffy biscuits. Get the recipe.
30. ice cream + whipped topping + crust = mint chip ice cream pie
Works with any flavor of ice cream. Get the recipe.
31. flour + butter + powdered sugar = shortbread cookies
Sometimes the simplest things are the best things. Get the recipe.
32. potatoes + cream cheese + bacon = mini potato skins
Bake once, mix the inside of the potatoes with the cheese and bacon, then bake again. Twice as good! Get the recipe.
33. chocolate + eggs + butter = flourless chocolate cake
The definition of a “keeper” recipe: foolproof, seriously delicious, and perfect for basically any occasion. Get the recipe.
Share these incredibly simple recipes and make someone’s day.