1. Ease. There’s however many less clothes you need to wash each week because you just aren’t using them. You don’t have to buy pajamas.
2. It encourages you not to be a schlub. When you wear pajamas, pajama time can creep up earlier and earlier. Some people get into the terrible habit of changing into them as soon as they get home from work! And then you are a person who wears pajama pants and won’t leave the house because you’ve already taken off your work clothes. Sleeping in the nude means you can’t get ready for bed until you’re actually going to bed — and forces you to keep your nice clothes on until then.
3. Self-esteem. Spending time naked makes you feel comfortable with your body. When you are comfortable with your body, you act more confidently which makes you happy and is viewed as attractive by others.
4. You have a stronger relationship with your partner. There is NO replacement for skin on skin contact — it delivers the good stuff, Oxytocin, and bonds you together. Clothes get in the way of skin on skin contact, which is rude, and prevents you from reaping the benefits of Oxytocin including elevated happiness, lower stress, reduced blood pressure, and less inflammation.
5. You’ll have sex more often. There’s nothing between you and your partner and that idea (along with the added visual experience) leads to more sex.
6. You get better sleep. There’s no uncomfortable drawstring to wake you up in the night, and without the extra padding of clothing, you’re a little less warm than you’d be otherwise, this is good for falling and staying asleep — ever try to fall asleep while you’re sweaty? There are countless benefits to getting good, quality sleep and if you’re already in bed for those hours, you may as well be doing everything you can to ensure you’re sound asleep.
7. Better skin. This is the only time your skin gets to breathe. I’ve heard several people with body acne tell me that sleeping naked has helped a lot. It can also help your private parts air out, since more than any other body part they are generally in a restricted, hot environment.
8. It causes you to age slower. This one might be out there, but by wearing clothes at night you keep your body temp warmer, which prevents growth hormone from being released and working its magic to repair your skin. Being cold at night encourages this, leading to less wrinkles.